Today I started set up automatic backups to my google drive in Scrivener. I also started my master scrivener file and worked on writing synopses for the first several chapters. Now that November has arrived I feel more like a pantser than a planner. I did take time to plan in October, but it was more in dreaming about my story and preparing ‘for’ nanowrimo than actually working on the preparatory stages of writing a novel. Oh well. Into the breach. One thing I’ve learned from FAWM about my creative process is that if I wait for the ‘right time’ to tackle a creative project, I will never start. I am very much a Jump in and peel the bandaid off as quickly as possible kind of guy. Sure it hurts like anything, but only for a short period of time and you get the job done. On that note, see you on the flipside. I’m likely only going to post wordcounts and very brief reflections here. I want to save the wordcount for my novel.
- "About halfway through the month, I start seeing disheartened tweets and posts on social media from..."“About halfway through the month, I start seeing disheartened tweets and posts on social media from people who report they are “losing” Camp NaNoWriMo. The structure of NaNoWriMo—the daily and final word-count goals, writing sprints, and sense of community—is what makes it fun and effective. But you aren’t "losing” if you can’t hit the […]
- "If you’re stuck, that might mean you need to walk away for a minute. Take a walk, see some..."“If you’re stuck, that might mean you need to walk away for a minute. Take a walk, see some friends, do something that turns your brain off. It’s difficult to sustain creativity; your brain gets tired and needs a break as much as your body does. Sometimes all you need is to let your […]
- "About halfway through the month, I start seeing disheartened tweets and posts on social media from..."
- Chum |
- CHUM Chart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Chum | Yearly Chart
- Map of CNE Ontario Place and the Ex (in Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Why I Love Toronto • Why I Love The CNE Grounds Horticultural Building/...
- 122 perish in Toronto’s “Noronic” disaster – Horticultural Building at CNE used as morgue | Historic Toronto
- Noronic Disaster Historical Plaque
- Guy Lombardo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Monkees 1969 - YouTube
- CNE Archives - YouTube
- ISBW #373: About all those rules April 17, 2017 Mur Lafferty
- ISBW #372: Metacast: State of the world, state of Mur March 17, 2017 Mur Lafferty
- ISBW #371: Writing as a relationship // Bookburners Interview February 14, 2017 Mur Lafferty
- ISBW #370: Gamification // Jason Chabot and Kylie Chan Interviews January 12, 2017 Mur Lafferty
- ISBW #369: Feedback // David D. Levine and Stephen Aryan Interviews January 11, 2017 Mur Lafferty
April 2017 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30